FASHION HAS A PECULIAR
way of inventing new seasons. Case in point: resort, which was originally intended for ladies of leisure who wintered on cruises and tropical islands. These days, it's a spring-y collection right before winter settles in. Lately, I've noticed that some of resort's boldest trends (playful rompers, nautical stripes) are finding their way into plus-size fashion, like Tadashi Shoji's bright, lacy, pleated dress and the kicky striped skirt from Mango's new plus-size line, Violeta. Best of all, you can rock these pieces long after winter, too! For more plus-size style finds, follow me on Twitter at @nicolettemason.
1. SUNGLASSES $355, Dior; .
2. BAG $268, Marc by Marc Jacobs; .
3. CROP TOP (up to size 24), $68, Eloquii; .
4. WATCH $120, Swatch; .
5. DRESS (up to size 16), $368, Tadashi Shoji; .
6. SKIRT (up to size 20), $90, Violeta by Mango; .
7. SHOES $60, Sperry Top-Sider; .
8. BAG $278, MICHAEL Michael Kors; (866) 709-KORS.
9. ROMPER (up to size 24W), $158, Monif C. Plus Sizes; .
Nicolette Mason in Brooklyn sporting a top and jeans from Wet Seal, heels by Zara, and a Nanette Lepore bag.